Language science research and teaching happens in many of UBC’s departments, schools, and academic programs, including those listed below.
- Asian Studies
- Including Cantonese, Chinese (Mandarin), Japanese, Hindi-Urdu, Korean, Persian, Punjabi, and Sanskrit courses.
- Audiology and Speech Sciences
- Central, Eastern and Northern European Studies (CENES)
- Including Danish, German, Polish, Swedish, and Russian courses.
- Classical, Near Eastern and Religious Studies
- Cognitive Systems Program
- Computer Science
- Educational and Counselling Psychology, and Special Education
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- English Language & Literatures
- First Nations and Endangered Languages Program
- Including hən̓q̓əmin̓əm̓ (Musqueam language), Kwak̓wala (Northern Wakashan) and Kaska courses, as well as courses on language conservation, documentation, and revitalization.
- French, Hispanic, and Italian Studies (FHIS)
- Language and Literacy Education
- Library, Archival and Information Studies (iSchool@UBC)
- Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy
- Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences
- Physical Therapy
- Community, Culture and Global Studies
- Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics and Statistics
- Critical and Creative Studies
- Okanagan School of Education
- Economics, Philosophy and Political Science
- History and Sociology
If you do not see a particular department, school or program on this list and think it should be included, please contact Language Sciences.