Please fill out and submit the form below to request funding from our Grant for Catalyzing Research Clusters.
A decision on your request will be made by the Steering Committee. If you have any questions about this form, or would like assistance drafting your request, please contact Language Sciences at email@example.com
If preferable, you can fill out a PDF version of this form here.
Notes on eligibility and reporting:
- GCRC funding can only be used for indirect costs of research (e.g. workshops, symposia, researcher mobility, knowledge translation and outreach activities). This funding cannot be used for direct research costs (e.g. pilot studies, cataloguing, data entry, or stimulus creation).
- Funding requests must be for collaborative activities and involve at least two Language Sciences members from at least two departments, or at least one LangSci faculty member and one community or industry partner. New collaborations are especially encouraged.
- Graduate students and postdoctoral fellows may submit requests for this kind of funding, so long as they are sponsored by at least one faculty member. Stipulations regarding collaborative activties and involvment of multiple departments apply.
- If funds are awarded, a written report must be submitted following the activity, detailing how the funds were used and the outcome/s of the activity.
- Spending should adhere to the UBC Expenditure Guidelines, especially with regard to per diem rates and Hospitality & Entertainment expenditures. Please contact Ella Fund-Reznicek with questions regarding eligibility and approval of specific expenditures.
Indicate if this is a knowledge translation, researcher mobility, outreach activity etc.
Please list each expense item related to this request, the amount requested for each item and the justification for its inclusion