Language Sciences Graduate Student and Postdoctoral Research Day is coming up on May 12, 2023, and we want your abstracts! Whether you're a graduate student at UBC or a postdoctoral fellow at SFU, please consider submitting your work!
Requirements for Abstracts
We invite abstract submissions of scholarly work that relates to language in any way, from any disciplinary or transdisciplinary perspective.
We welcome abstract submissions on research on any topic related to language. Research may be in progress, complete, or previously presented work. Presentations in preparation for conference talks are welcome. Types of studies accepted include empirical studies, theoretical or methodological studies, or replication studies.
Researchers must be graduate students (M.A., M.Sc., M.Ed., Ph.D. students and candidates) or postdoctoral fellows. We welcome submissions from institutions across the Lower Mainland, including Simon Fraser University and the University of Victoria. You are welcome to email us at email@example.com to ask about help with getting to the event.
Awards for The Best Talk and Poster Presentation will be granted. Judges will determine and announce the top picks during the conference. Students will be awarded the following:
- First Place for Best Talk: $500
- First Place for Best Poster: $250
We are seeking proposals for individual paper presentations (approx. 20 minutes) and poster presentations. Please prepare a PDF version of your abstract, including:
- Title of Presentation
- Preference for paper presentation or poster presentation
- Up to five keywords
- Abstract (250 words maximum, not including references)
- Please do not include any author names or author identifying information in the document or document filename, to assist in the blind review process.
General Abstract Components
Abstracts must include the following:
- Purpose – questions addressed or hypotheses tested
- Optional components as applicable to your study include:
- Data sources (for empirical research)
- Perspectives/Theoretical Framework
The deadline for submissions has been extended to March 20th, 2023 at 11:59 PM (PST).